DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Version September 2018 The protection of your data is very important to us. Due to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Austrian Data Protection Act, we hereby inform you of the most important aspects of data processing with regard to the personal data collected from you as part of our business relationship during your visit to our website or in any other context.
- WHICH DATA DO WE PROCESS?
- a)During your visit to our website, we collect the following information: The date and time a webpage is accessed, your IP address, the name and version of your web browser, the website (URL) you visited prior to accessing this website, certain cookies and the information you provide yourself by using different services on our website. b)On our website we offer you various services. To use these services, you must provide us with certain personal data. By clicking on the following services, we inform you about the purposes for which we process and use the data provided by you.
Newsletter / Direct Marketing
If you are already our customer, we will process your name, address, e-mail address, (mobile) telephone number to provide you with marketing materials, such as newsletters, advertising brochures, invitations to events (e.g., trade fairs), or to contact you directly. We have a (predominantly) legitimate interest in relation thereto, because we want to inform you about our products and services and strengthen our customer relationship.
We only use such marketing measures to the extent permitted by law. In case of doubt, we will ask for your consent in advance. You have the opportunity to object to the sending of newsletters and advertising brochures and personal contact for the future at any time.
On our homepage we provide you with several forms. With these forms, you can contact us and make inquiries about our products. The data you submit to us as a user of this section by completing the forms provided are processed. In order to process these requests, we may need to share your information with our distributors and affiliates.
At events, in particular trade fairs, the name, location at the show and photos of our sales representatives and employees of sales partners are displayed on a screen in order to provide this information to end customers and make it easier for clients to get in contact during trade fairs.
We have a (predominantly) legitimate interest in providing visitors with this information in order to facilitate their contact with our employees and thereby gain new customers. Photos are provided only with the consent of the respective employees.
Trade fair visitors can obtain information from our employees about our companies and register for a possible contact initiation by declaring their name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or by handing over a business card in order to be subsequently contacted by the respective employee.
The purpose of this registration is to process the visitors’ contacts, to answer any inquiries, to send visitors information material about our company and thus attract new customers or maintain existing customer relations.
It is possible to apply for a vacancy within the Hirtenberger Defence Group via an online tool. For this purpose the following data should be disclosed:
title, name, address, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address.
These data are used and processed solely for the purpose of assessing the application for a vacancy. If an employment relationship does not materialise, this data will be deleted within six months of the rejection of the application. These data can be stored for up to seven years, provided you have given us your consent to do so. This consent may be revoked at any time. The applicant’s data will also be shared with other companies within the Hirtenberger Defence Group. The companies of the Hirtenberger Defence Group have a legitimate interest in the storage of the data over a period of six months, as claims could be asserted during this period.
There are several companies at our factory premises in Hirtenberg which manufacture explosive materials, among other things.
Therefore, the company premises are video-monitored (Close Circuit Television, CCTV). It is possible that you are filmed when accessing the captured area of our cameras by foot (beginning at the turnstile) or by car (beginning at the gatekeeper). These areas are specifically marked. In addition, before walking or driving on the company site, you must fill out a visitor’s pass stating the following information:
name, company affiliation, and time of arrival. Furthermore, the number of an identification document (identity card, driver’s license) and the vehicle registration number of the vehicle used are recorded.
We have a (predominantly) legitimate interest in the processing and use of the data for access control as we are required to take special care in handling and storing the above-mentioned products (explosive materials) with regard to preventive protection of persons and property.
The processing of the above data is exclusively obtained for the above-mentioned security interests. Image recordings are generally not viewed or evaluated. An evaluation is only done if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting that there had been occurring attacks on persons or property. The images will be deleted at the latest 72 hours after recording. If the end of the period falls on a Saturday, Sunday, public holiday, Good Friday or December 24th, the cancellation deadline is extended until the next working day. If no further access to the company premises by foot or by vehicle has taken place over a period of six months, your data, on the visitor’s pass will be deleted.
- c)If you provide us with personal data (such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, company affiliation) by e-mail, by fax, by post or by personal delivery (e.g., a business card at trade fairs) outside our website to collect information about our company and/or establish business contacts, we will also use and process these data for our purposes.
- FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA?
In connection with the services listed above, we have informed you of the purposes for which we process and use your data. In addition, we only use the data provided by you for the purpose of initiating and executing contracts or other purposes covered by the GDPR, in particular:
- the purchase or lease/rental of machines and products of our company
- the settlement of payments
- maintenance and service after purchasing our products
- the optimization of machine performance
- the provision of communication channels to our distribution partners
- the servicing of the contractual relationships to increase customer satisfaction
- the direct marketing by sending our newsletters, advertising brochures and invitations to events or by direct addressing, as far as this is legally permissible
For the purpose of direct advertising, we have a legitimate interest in the use of personal data, especially as this direct marketing serves to inform our clients on our products and events on the one hand and to maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty so as to avoid contract termination on the other. We will use direct marketing only within the scope of legal admissibility and, in case of doubt, obtain your prior consent, which you can revoke at any time for the future (see also item 9).
- TO WHOM DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- RETENTION PERIOD
We will only retain your information for as long as it is necessary for our business purposes or due to legal requirements. We will delete data which you disclose in the context of a registration of our services, as far as the registration purposes no longer exist, unless these data are used for further purposes, or there exist legal requirements (e.g., damages, warranty claims, etc.) which justify the further retention of the data. In any case, data that you disclose to us in the context of a contract initiation or execution will be stored for the duration of the contractual relationship and furthermore for the assertion or defence of any claims arising from the contractual relationship (e.g., warranty, damage and/or product liability claims) or if we are obliged to store the data due to legal requirements (e.g., accounting documents). Insofar as we process data on the basis of your consent, these will be deleted upon revocation of this consent, unless other reasons (see above) require further storage of the data.
- WHICH MEASURES DO WE TAKE FOR YOUR DATA SECURITY?
We protect your personal data through appropriate organizational and technical precautions. These precautions relate in particular to the protection against unauthorized, unlawful or accidental access, processing, loss, use and manipulation. Despite efforts to ensure a high standard of due diligence, it cannot be ruled out that other information that you may provide us with on the Internet will be viewed and used by others.
- YOUR RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH PERSONAL DATA
When we process data from you, you are entitled to, among other things:
- verify whether and which personal data we have stored about you and to obtain copies of these data
- request the correction, amendment or deletion of your personal data that are incorrect or not processed in accordance with the law
- require us to limit the processing of your personal data
- object to the processing of your personal data at any time, if there are reasons due to your particular situation
- revoke previously given consent for processing
- request data transmission (for example, to other responsible persons)
- know the identity of third parties to whom your personal data are transmitted
- lodge a complaint with the competent authority (Austrian Data Protection Authority, dsb.gv.at)
- WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF A DATA BREACH (SUCH AS THEFT)?
We will endeavour to ensure that any data breaches are detected early and, where appropriate, promptly reported to you or the relevant regulatory authority, including the relevant data categories involved.
- HOW TO REVOKE CONSENT TO DATA PROCESSING?
If you have given us your consent to process data, you can revoke it at any time. Please send an e-mail to: email@example.com or send a letter to the following postal address: Hirtenberger Defence Europe GmbH, Leobersdorferstraße 31-33, 2552 Hirtenberg. If you have other inquiries in connection with the processing of your data, please use the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the data processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF THE DATA?
Hirtenberger Defence Europe GmbH, Leobersdorfer Straße 31-33, 2552 Hirtenberg Austria
Hirtenberger Defence Europe GmbH, Leobersdorferstraße 31-33, 2552 Hirtenberg, Austria If you have any questions regarding the processing of your data or want to exercise rights under item 7, please contact us under: email@example.com. For reasons of readability, there are no specific references to gender on this Website. In case such designations are indicated just in masculine form, they shall apply to men and women equally.